Visits by family members and friends are encouraged because they are important for recovery. Because the circumstances for each patient is special, advanced consultation with the patient’s nurse is recommended before visiting by calling us at (562) 273-1800.
Visiting hours are:
Mondays-Fridays: 4-5 p.m. and 7:30-8:30 p.m.
Weekends: 3-5 p.m.
Only two visitors are allowed to visit a patient at one time. All visitors are required to wear a visitor identification band obtained from the security desk located in the lobby of the main hospital entrance on Artesia Boulevard. Visitors are also encouraged to leave their personal belongings in their vehicles. In the event they need a place to store their belongings during their visit, free lockers are available for use in the lobby.
When bringing items for the patient, please be aware that contraband items are inventoried, labeled and placed in the patient’s personal belongings area by a member of the nursing staff. Patients are entitled to retrieve the items upon discharge. These include, but are not limited to, alcohol and drug-related items, cell phones, any sharp/breakable items, etc.
The following guidelines aid not only in the health and safety of patients and their families, but our employees as well:
- Children under the age of 18 are not permitted as visitors, except in special circumstances with the approval of the charge nurse. Arrangements will be made for children under the age of 18 to visit when indicated.
- Patients shall be limited to two visitors at one time.
- The charge nurse may authorize special exceptions to visitations if a patient’s condition makes it necessary.
- For the safety of our valued patients and to prevent the spread of a contagious illness, we ask that visitors experiencing symptoms of cold, flu, or any contagious illness refrain from visiting patients.
- Keep voices down so that patients may rest.
- Privacy is very important to all patients.
- Please refrain from smoking and tobacco use while on our campus.
For more information on visiting a patient, call (562) 273-1800.